Sunday, November 18, 2007

Almost Caught Up

For my few ardent readers, remember the Wisp Shawl/capelet/cowl that I was knitting on the Great Wall of China? I'm done. It's really hard to photog yourself wearing a scarf. Really. Hard. Anyway, I haven't put on the shell buttons yet to make it truly finished. As it is now, there is no sexy caplet and no terminally cute hood. By the way, am I the only one who noticed the ridiculous High School Senior Photo quality of this scarf when worn as a capelet? Especially in that light blue on the Knitty model? I know my SIL will wear it as a cowl.

The pattern is easy and quick. It is easier if you knit it as written, but I had to cut out a row of garter stitch because I had just one ball of Kidsilk Haze. I also had to cut out one fishnet pattern. When she says 1-2 balls, she means 1 ball plus 3 feet of the second ball. I find that rather rude, but I think the size is just fine without the called for repeats.

Here is a shot of the whole scarf. I'll take more pics when I finally get the buttons on. I have 2 more of these to make. Thankfully, they go fast.

On the needles, besides another Wisp, is the U-Neck Back to School Vest from Fitted Knits. I must be getting better at ribbing, because this is flying off the needles. The yarn is Malabrigo and the color is Velvet Grape. I LOVE this color.


That's it for now. I think I'm all caught up with the knitting that happen while I was incognito.

Toodles!