Saturday, February 9, 2008

I give you... Gretel.
Here are the details: Jo Sharp Silk Road Aran all but 10 feet of 2 balls. #5 and #7 needles, started with 16" circulars, then switched to 24" and then, finally, to double circular for the decreases.
I'm so-so about this one. I finished it just in time for the tail end of our cold weather, so I did get some wear. And it is cute. I'm just not sure that it was worth the pain. Nearly 200 aran weight stitches on a 16" circular is painful! If I was smart, I would have switched to the 24" a lot sooner. I made the slouchiest version and I am well satisfied with the shape and size. I used the stockinette tubular cast on... what fun!!! I spent a lot of time admiring the beauty of the cast on edge. Ysolda thinks this cast on is not stretchy enough, but I like the firmness of the edge. It helps to keep a slouchy beret in place

Oblique is swimming along. It is hard to think that a post about paint drying is even remotely interesting, but here we are.

This is just about the must fun I've had since Ene's Scarf. I must be a lace knitter. I am totally taken with the stitch pattern and the challenge of keeping the shaping and the stitch pattern together.

This about 1/4 of the back. I've already completed the sleeves, so I guess we are getting close to half done. Cascade 220 Superwash is the easiest yarn I've worked with. Love it, no wonder it is a staple in everyone's stash.


Finally, the Beautiful Baby Surprise is coming out just as imagined. I am completely mesmerized by the color shifts. I am hoping that there is enough for a pair of Saartje's Booties to match. Won't that be precious?