Saturday, January 5, 2008

Let's Hear it For Instant Gratification!


I've been humming along on Oblique and Leavened Raglan, but yesterday I cast on for a more instant project - Last Minute Purled Beret from Wendy Bernard.

Mom took a tumble the other night and put dent in her head. The doctor declared her just fine.... but he had to take a chunk of her already not so full hair to do it. She needed a hat and she needed it quick!

A little stash diving turned up some Noro Kochoran that I had been saving for a special project. Guess this is it, as my Mom won't wear just any fiber on her head. 12 hours later I have a pretty stylish head covering! Here's a slightly battered Mom wearing said hat...


So cute that Little Girl wants one too. Guess the sweaters are gonna have to wait for a bit. Keep this up and I might have to give up on the Narcissistic Knitter title...