Sunday, May 4, 2008

Finished, The Textured Tank

The Textured Tank is Born!



Yarn: Elle Rae Shibu, Silk with a little Viscose for shimmer
6 Balls
Needle: #7
Pattern... MINE!!!

A million years ago (it seems) I started this little passion project to design a top all my own. Well, sort of. As it turns out, the finished project is nothing like the inspiration piece so I claim this as a Kendyl Original!

My plan had been to make the back a plunging V... but it looked better the other way 'round.


A lovely lavender cami and a sharp pair of silk slacks... Tres Elegante!


Some of you might remember that I was going to write this up. I did, right up to the point that I discovered that the armholes were way too deep and I put the whole project on a time out for 3 weeks.

When it came back out, I unpicked the shoulder seems, frogged back 2 inches and re knit it using a simple boat neck instead of the fancy-schmancy short row shaping for the front ( that is now the back). I did not take notes on this last bit - I just wanted the damn thing done, ya know?

SO, if you want what I did write, I'll send it along - read and/or knit at your own risk!